Through the grape vine and pushing through

Today I was given a great little link to a fantastic stop motion music video, found here. The singer is Oren Lavie and the song is Her Morning Elegance. The video is just a fantastic work of art and very befitting of the song. I've probably watched the video five times today and who knows what the rest of the evening holds. 

Videos like these are what keep me driving towards my goals. This can be done by anyone it's just a matter of thinking and doing, one shouldn't be constrained by their own thoughts. If you can think it then there's most definitely a way of doing it.

Asking for advice from my boss about my future is like taking a cold shower where the water is reality. I know I'm not qualified, nor do I have the skills to direct. I don't have the portfolio for it either but as always I have my ideas and I will push through. The only person keeping me from not having what it takes is myself, the reason I lack a portfolio is because I'm waiting for others to help me work on films. I know photoshop, flash, scanners, printing, and photography. I can be my own writer, storyboard artists, cast, crew, and editor. 

And so I've begun to write my story for my first true short film in flash. Definitely influenced by toy theater, PES and just the ability to create a truly entertaining story that Pixar brings to each film. I don't want to give too much away but my story is definitely fantasy based and deals with the imagination and creativity of a child as well as growing up, learning, but still being able to love now what you loved then.

No comments: