Everyday inspirations

Inspirations don't always come from big moments are epiphanies. Sometimes they come from something you walk by everyday. It's these things that I try to spot and use within my work. Everyday objects also play a huge role in one of my favorite artist's work, PES. He uses everyday objects in his stop motion videos and gives them a new, sometimes unorthodox role. The idea of taking what someone knows about an object and having them reframe the object and think of it within a new frame of thought is something I've always enjoyed. 

So recently I've worked on a new piece of art, my third over Christmas break, in which I've tried to take something we all know and see and recreate from other objects. The art I've been working in lately is scanography (scanner art) in which I use a flatbed scanner to scan objects and then I rearrange them within photoshop to construct an image. My two previous works can be found and purchased on Etsy, while the other two and my new one will be up for sale within the next week or so.

So what I've tried to do within my new work is taken what is traditionally done through scanography, flowers, and try to give my spin to it. So enjoy what I'm calling a teaser picture at the top here and keep looking within the next two weeks for my new work.

No comments: