Inspiration no matter what size


I spent over 6 hours in the theater yesterday setting up a camera and projector for a visiting show that the college theater has brought in. The group is called Great Small Works and they do toy theater. I've never really heard of toy theater, but it's great. The simplicity of their stages and characters but the ability to hold interest in the story is amazing. They incorporate moving backgrounds, overhead projectors, and balloons to create the worlds from their stories. 

Knowing this exists really inspires me to try new ways of working with scan art and incorporate their style of story telling into my work. The scale and simplicity of it all just amazes me because I'm used to work with very detailed and complicated images in my work but I've forgotten about the KISS (Keep It Simple Stupid) mentality.

Hopefully I'll have more time on my hands this week to begin creating again.

No comments: