What's in your Book Stack?


Currently I'm reading two books. The first is one I've owned since my birthday and I'm very happy to finally get to read it. It's "The Pixar Touch" by David Price and it doesn't read like your average informative book. It plays out Pixar's story in at times what could seem like a fictional tale. But what I'm the most interested in getting out of it is more detailed knowledge of the history of Pixar's animation as well as a more detailed explanation of how they run their studio.

The second book which is less of a book and more of a resource right now is "Children's Writer's & Illustrator's Market". If you couldn't tell by my fascination with Maurice Sendak and Eric Carle that I'm interested in Children's Literature and especially illustration then I guess this book is a dead give away. Hopefully this book will lead me into a proper direction to see if my artwork can be put to good use.

Now beyond the books I'm currently I have several others stacked at the end of my desk, reminding me they have yet to be read. They are "The League of Extraordinary Gentlemen" the graphic novel vol. 1, "Paper Puppet Palooza" by Norma V. Toraya, "The Art of Disney Pixar's UP", "Beware of Dug!" a children's book based off of UP that uses some very neat paper cut out illustration technique, and the last book at the very bottom of the stack is "Authentic Decor The Domestic Interior: 1620-1920" (if that one confuses you see my other blog here).

What's in your Book Stack?

No comments: