Find and Animate

During my unemployment I must continue to work on animation. That's easier said then done but I've broken it down into the simplest formula I can think of.

"Find a story and Animate it"

My problem is that I'm not thinking filmic enough. When I think animation I think of my Hypermedia class in which one individual cut out character can be used through the entire short film. If I'm going to make an animation I have to think like a film maker.
Not every character image can be used throughout the entire film I'm going to need to see the front of the character, the side, the back, his feet, and his hands. Each scene is a new piece of art work, consisted of individually created images for that scene. If it's a class project, sure, using the same character repeatedly makes sense with a deadline. Not if you are creating something worthwhile.

(This would be my epiphany here -->) I have to take a story and create the story boards as if it were a film and then animate it. You can't let the animation dictate the story, the story should dictate the animation.

No comments: