A Man Trying to Find His Place in the World



It's difficult to be an artist and not question yourself, your talent, or whether or not you will be recognized. And as I sit on unemployment and am about to throw myself back into the collegiate world and even further into the art world, I can't help but question myself.

The first time I watched Wes Anderson's Life Aquatic I enjoyed the film primarily for it's visual style (the wonderful blend of colors, cinemotography, animation, and full ship cut away). But everytime since in the end when Zissou finally tracks down the Jaguar Shark he says "I wonder if it remembers me." I can't help but tear up. The film is about a man trying to find his place in the world and leaving something behind to be remembered for.

A fear I have is not being remembered. I couldn't think of anything worse then one day not being remembered after I'm gone. It's not because I crave the attention I just want to do something truly unique and memorable.

No comments: