Auman Video Production Logo (a work in progress)


The week has just begun and already my post-work time is set to be filled with personal projects. First project to tackle is a logo for my video production company (for site and end of video signage).

I'm attempting to utilize the astronaut images I'm so fond of while creating a simple and recognizable logo. The image was originally designed around the astronaut. Although I'm happy with the astronaut image I've created it wasn't simple or scalable for how I intend to use it.

I went back to simple shapes, such as the circle, in order to encapsulate the astronaut to make it scalable. Working from the circle I began to play with a combination of recognizable video shapes (stop, play, pause, fast forward). While I was at this step of the process I opened up to the idea of using the letters 'a' and 'v' from my production studio's name.

"AV" is not only Auman Video but it is also "audio/visual". I created a thin custom font for the letters and used the inner part of the 'a' to encapsulate my astronaut.

It may not be the final logo but it is a step in the right direction.


No comments: