Unused Dining Commons Video

This is an unused video for a dining commons on Penn State main campus that I had pitched to my client in late 2010.


The previous concept was to use a popular chef from the dining common and to give him the Jib Jab treatment as he made puns about eating at the common.

Given the assignment I was told we needed to keep the previously recorded audio track of Stew, the popular chef from the dining common, but that I was allowed to update the concept. I choose to switch from a Jib Jab style to the use of a puppet.

Working with a puppet had a lot of challenges, mostly in syncing the old audio to match the puppets mouth. The solution I was hoping for was to record both puppet movements and a new audio track at the same time but was told keeping the old project audio was a must.

Given the limitations I was very pleased with the way the video turned out. Although the concept was approved internally, it was eventually dropped from the project and replaced by a more traditional tour concept.

No comments: