The Best Inspiration Comes from Every Day Interactions

As I was sitting at my desk trying to finish up the last few projects I have in my college career, I received an email from my girlfriend who was working at the college information desk. This is how the conversation went:


GF: i just spent the first 20 minutes here at the info desk talking to an "ex-alcoholic" reverend from California. It was the weirdest call i ever received and he talked forever! so strange...

Me : hmmmmm.... thats odd. why did he call juniata?

GF : the number was written in his bible.... (i think he misdialed)

Me : why did he call a number in a bible?

GF : he wanted to find out information about some religious seminar in texas, but called me instead. he thought it was a sign from god. He kept saying how blessed he was and "praise the lord”. he even read from his bible and told me all about what this special bible looked like. i gave him juniata's website and connected him to admissions... but not before he went on talking for 20 minutes


I thought this was the greatest thing ever and when I say ever I mean at least for this morning. But the important thing I got out of this email conversation is the start of a new character.

Which brings me to my next point! (Great transitioning) I've begun working on a business proposal with my boss from the Digital Media Studio at Juniata College, Nathan Wagoner. I figure this character would be a great addition to explaining our basic concept. Although I can't tell you much more than that about our business proposal. All you need to know is that it's going to be great and as it develops I will bring you more information.

No comments: