Behind the Trailer

For all of those who have seen the trailer, Thank You for watching and for you comments. Everyone who has worked on the film is really excited to get it finished so we can show it off. I thought it would be nice to talk a little bit about the filming process and what it took to get the trailer down to what you have seen. Also I'd like to drop a couple of hints at what you might see when we show the film in about 2 weeks.

So the filming process took us over 6 weeks with almost 60 hours of filming. We had a crew of 7 dedicated individuals who all brought something unique to the project. We dealt with 25 different actors and actresses and shot on location all over Huntingdon. The amazing thing is that we made this film primarily out of the director's pocket in hopes we will get refunded eventually.

So the director, Justin Guyer, who also wrote the story set out to cut a trailer last week for Juniata College's LAS (Liberal Arts Symposium). The night before it went out I waited until 2 AM to get a look at it and give some feedback, but as always the export time is always under estimated. I woke up the next morning and went in to work. Justin arrived and showed me a 1 minute and 45 sec trailer cut like a short narrative and revealed way too much of the story. So I set to work cutting it down and quickening the pacing. Once I had it cut down Nathan Wagoner color corrected it and we had our trailer.

Now some secrets! In the film we may have had some help from a couple of creative folks at Juniata College. Our storyboards were redrawn by Laura Campbell, who is an amazing artist. We also have Mike Wilson doing a scene in the film for us (but I won't say what!).

I hope this quenches your thirst. Stay tuned for more on Over The Rainbow.

No comments: