New day... New challenges

The question I asked myself today was "Are you sure you're doing your characters in the right way?" My answer to myself was an obvious "No". So I spent the good majority of the day coming up with how to create character befitting of my story.

In these kind of situations I find it's best to turn to those who have already done it. There's no point in re-inventing the wheel. And of course I turn to Pixar, my heroes. Looking at some of the most memorable characters I notice some patterns. Mike and Sully, Wall-E and Eve, and from their new movie Up! the main characters Russell and Carl are all constructed from a basic geometric shape, either a circle or rectangle. 

Knowing this useful fact today I cut up some basic shapes of my own as the foundation of my characters. But of course I'm getting ahead of myself because I haven't even written the story up yet. It's all in my head... but I should probably write it down first.

No comments: